Beetroot and Apple Smoothie Recipe – Try this delicious and refreshing smoothie to help stimulate the lymphatic system. You can use either raw or cooked beetroot in this recipe. Obviously, using cooked beetroot is far easier than aw, but do ensure that you are using cooked beetroot that has not been steeped in vinegar, otherwise your smoothie will be very tart.
Beetroot & Apple Smoothie Ingredients:
- 125g beetroot
- 2 ripe eating apples
- Small piece fresh root ginger
- 150ml apple juice
- 300ml plain yogurt or orange juice
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cut the beetroot into chunks, core the apples and cut into chunks.
- Peel the ginger and chop finely.
- Place in a smoothie machine together with the remaining ingredients.
- If using a smoothie machine, blend on mix for 15 seconds and then on smooth for 45 seconds.
- In a blender, blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour into the glass and serve.