Calvados Cream Cocktail Recipe – Calvados Cream Cocktail is a French drink, it is usually serve at Christmas and it goes along well with desserts such as warm puddings. Calvados in an apple brandy that is made in Normandy, France, using fermented apple juice (cider) which is distilled and aged in oak casks. Calvados is mostly used in drinks and can be used in cooking too. Use other brandies in place of the Calvados is not available, such as apricot brandy, decorate with apricot slice or cherry brandy and decorate with maraschino cherry as decoration.
Calvados Cream Cocktail Ingredients:
- 2 measures Calvados brandy
- ½ measure freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. very fresh organic egg white
- 2 tbsp. double cream
- 1 tsp. pineapple or sugar syrup
- 2 ice cubes, crushed (optional)
- Sliced red apple, to decorate
- Pour the Calvados brandy into a cocktail shaker, together with the lemon juice, egg white, cream and pineapple or sugar syrup.
- Shake for 30 seconds, or until blended.
- Place he crushed ice, if using, into a short tumbler, then pour the cocktail and serve decorated with the apple slice.