Grapefruit Cooler Recipe – This delicious and refreshing grapefruit cooler, a summer cocktail to enjoy with friends and a great way to start your day.
To those who love grapefruit here’s a fabulous refreshment to try out and enjoy. A simple and great drink made with grapefruit juice, lemon juice, mint and sugar syrup top up with sparkling water.
Grapefruit Cooler Ingredients:
- 125 g sugar
- 4 measures water
- a handful of mint sprigs, plus extra to decorate
- juice of 4 large lemons
- 450 ml grapefruit juice
- crushed ice
- soda water, to top up
- Put the sugar and water into a heavy based saucepan and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and leave to cool.
- Crush the mint leaves and stir into the syrup.
- Cover and leave to stand for about 12 hours, then strain into a jug.
- Add the fruit juices to the strained syrup and stir well.
- Fill 6 old-fashioned glasses or tumblers with crushed ice and pour the cooler into the glasses.
- Top up with soda water and decorate with mint sprigs.