Marrow with Avocado and Chilli Smoothie Recipe – A delicious and creamy avocado yogurt smoothie with a hint of spice from the chillies. This is a super healthy kind of smoothie it helps you revitalize and also great for detoxing. Avocados are good when they are fresh and not damaged. Allow avocado to ripen in a fruit bowl at room temperature and once cut, use immediately or it will brown. The avocado contains vitamin E as well as other vitamins and minerals that play a good part in reviving your system. A perfect energy drink and weight loss smoothie recipe to try.
Marrow with Avocado and Chilli Smoothie Ingredients:
- ½ small marrow
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 50ml lime juice
- 300ml orange juice
- 1 small chilli, seeds discarded
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp sour cream or live natural yogurt, to serve
- 2 lime slices, to decorate
- Peel the marrow, discard the seeds and cut into chunks.
- Cut the avocados in half, peel and discard the stones.
- Place the marrow, avocado, lime juice, orange juice, chilli and ice cubes in a smoothie machine or blender.
- If using a smoothie machine, blend on mix for 15 seconds and then on smooth for 45 seconds.
- In a blender, blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, top with a spoonful of sour cream or yogurt, decorate and serve.