New Yorker Cocktail Recipe – A classic New York whisky drink, this cocktail is very popular in all bars and restaurants. There seems to be little consensus on what traditionally constitutes a New Yorker, some recipes calling for claret instead of grenadine, but mostly flaunt a rich red colour and they all provide a fair kick.
New Yorker Cocktail Ingredients:
- 2 measures Scotch whisky
- ½ measure freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. grenadine
- 4 ice cubes, crushed
- Orange slice, to decorate
- Place all the ingredients except the crushed ice into a cocktail shaker and shake for 1 minute, Place the crushed ice into a short tumbler.
- Pour over the cocktail, decorate with an orange slice and serve.
- Replace the Scotch whisky with Bourbon and pour over ice cubes rather than crushed ice and decorate with a lime twist.