Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie Recipe, Watermelon adds a great flavor to your smoothies. Because of the high water content of watermelons, you should use less water in your smoothie than you would with other recipes so that you get a thick, creamy texture.
Watermelons contain two interesting nutrients which are found especially abundantly in the edible rind, citrulline and arginine. Citrulline has been shown to boost heart health, the immune system and help with weight loss and type 2 diabetes. Arginine boosts nitric oxide in the body which helps relax blood vessels and can treat and prevent erectile dysfunction.
Watermelons are a summertime staple. Select whole watermelons over halved or quartered ones since they loose nutrients once cut and stored. Enjoy your delicious Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie.
Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen diced watermelon
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the watermelon, strawberries and ice in a blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds, or until ice is completely broken up.
- Serve immediately in a mason jar glass.